Geoserve Global Anchor/Soil Nail Inspection Expertise
Geoserve Global Ltd (GGL) offers considerable experience in the design, construction, testing and inspection of ground anchors and soil nails. GGL has served and continues to serve on British Standards and European Committees for ground anchoring and soil nailing practice and has substantially contributed to the CIRIA Report C637: Soil Nailing: best practice guidance. The GGL contribution to this report was entitled Durability and Degradation of soil nails and was based on 30 years background of tendon inspection experience.
GGL has also been engaged as expert witnesses on various projects that have required the detailed assessment of performance in service.
Inspection /Reporting of Corrosion of Anchor Heads and Anchor Performance
- Aberdeen Harbour - inspected 7 anchors quays to assess the state of over 300 anchors.
- The failure of a 21 year old anchored wall on the Thames
- The corrosion failure of anchor heads at the Hull Barrier Anchors at Erith Quay on the Thames
- Anchors at Purfleet Quay on the Thames
- Anchors at Greenhithe Quay on the Thames
- Anchors at Devonport Dockyard
- Visual inspection of Anchors on Customs House Quay, Broomielaw and Anderton Quay on the Clyde
- Portsmouth Harbour - forensic investigation on anchor head condition and performance
Anchor and Soil Nail Corrosion Protection Systems
Geoserve Global offer the benefit of decades of experience in the design, construction and testing of over 100,000 ground and rock anchors and soil nails on a world wide basis. This includes the provision and detailed assessment of corrosion protection systems.
Links and collaboration with other organisations and experts
The directors at Geoserve Global Ltd have formed strong links with world authorities in the field of ground anchoring and soil nailing. Dr Devon Mothersille has worked closely with Professor GS Littlejohn on ground anchoring projects over recent years. This relationship has yielded a number of publications (see List of Publications). When required the expertise and experience of Professor GS Littlejohn can be called upon.
Geoserve Global Ltd have also developed collaborative relationships with the specialist ground anchor company Single Bore Multiple Anchor (SBMA).