A BRIEF BIOGRAPHY
Dr Devon Mothersille BEng (Hons) PhD CEng FICE LETAPAEWE
Dr Devon Mothersille received his undergraduate degree in Civil and Structural Engineering at the University of Bradford, UK where he also completed a Ph.D for his work investigating the influence of close proximity blasting on the performance of ground anchor systems in rock. He entered the construction industry, working for both consultants and contractors in 1989, and subsequently became the Managing Director of two specialist ground anchor consultancy practices; Geoserve Global Ltd and Single Bore Multiple Anchor Ltd. In recent years he has developed a unique and innovative software for the testing of ground anchors which is marketed through the company AnchorTest Ltd.
He has worked as a ground anchor consultant in many parts of the world including Spain, Australia, Hong Kong, Russia, the USA and the Middle East where he advised clients on complex ground anchoring projects. These include;
- the prestigious Diagonal Mar Development in Barcelona,
- the Burnley Tunnel Project in Melbourne Australia,
- the Wadi Abdoun Bridge Project in Amman Jordan,
- the Aviva Stadium project in Dublin, Ireland
- excavation support for the Kuntsevo residential and commercial complex in Moscow, Russia
- substantial anchored slope stabilization works for the STAR Oil Refinery in Turkey
- the raising of Hazlemere dam, South Africa.
He acts as an expert witness on legal cases related to ground anchor technology and is the chairman of the TC182/WG3 committee responsible for drafting EN ISO 22477-5 (Testing of grouted anchors). He is the Convenor to the UK Ground Anchors Panel, a member of the UK Geotechnics Committee B526, a member of the European committee TC250/SC7 TG5 (Anchors) and was appointed UK expert and technical editor on European committee (CEN/TC288/W14) for the drafting of the ground anchor execution code EN1537:2013.
In September 2013 his outstanding contribution to the industry was recognized when he was awarded the Fellowship of the Institution of Civil Engineers.